Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sophia & Audrey







OUR FAVORITE THRIFT FINDS
My close friend Audrey & I went thrifting and unexpectedly found some real great steals! We picked our 3 most favorite pieces and styled them. Hope you guys enjoy our one of a kind finds!
For me, I thrifted this awesome newspaper and daisy print collared shirt. I know at first it looks obnoxiously tacky, but I dig that. I've never seen anything like it and I knew once I saw it that it needed to be mine, mine, and only mine. It's the perfect summer shirt paired with some shorts!
For Audrey, she has been hunting for a utility type jacket and when she saw this olive colored suede shirt, she knew it was a close substitute. It could be worn with printed shirts, dresses, and skirts or with a simple solid colored top and shorts, which was the case here. Although she desperately wants to add pockets to it, she is still very happy with her purchase.
Presenting: Audrey the purse model!
This daisy turtleneck dress totally caught me off guard hanging on the rack and would be something completely out of my comfort zone. However, it turned out to be my favorite thrift find of the day. I love how this dress looks so timeless and classy. I've also lately been obsessed with daisy print on anything and so this dress was the perfect find for me. 
For Audrey, she thrifted a men's shirt and rolled up the sleeves so it would look like a woman's blouse. It's a very cute brown floral printed blouse and looks rather dashing with some high-waisted shorts. I also thrifted this bag with the buckle and I just love the chocolate brown color of it. It reminds me of a mix of equestrian and satchel style. But maybe that's just me and my crazy mind.
Friendship :' )
If you didn't know, my hands are almost always sweaty for no good reason. They are just naturally clammy, and for the most part, nobody likes clammy hands. With this being said, a true friend is someone who will hold my clammy hands and accept them. (Even though she still teases me about it occasionally, I know she appreciates my sweaty hands). Lub ya!

First off, what's not to love about the dress I have on? It has a sort of retro, pop-art type of flower print all over and it's just the epitome of how a retro floral dress should look like. I paired it with a denim jacket Audrey thrifted and it sort of just gives off an old school vibe. I love all the colors of the flowers and had to add some more color with my bright orange belt.
I actually found this dress for Audrey and when I saw it on the rack, I knew Audrey would totally pull it off. The bright orange is so fun and colorful and it is the perfect summer dress. I can imagine lounging on a lawn chair while eating a popsicle and chillin' in this cute neon orange dress. Yes, I know you were thinking that too.
Outfit 1
Me
Shirt // Thrifted
High-Waisted Shorts // Thrifted
Shoes // J.Crew
Bag // Thrifted

Audrey
Shirt // Forever 21
High-Waisted Shorts // Thrifted
Shoes // Reflection
Necklace // Forever 21

Outfit 2
Me
Dress // Thrifted
Belt // Thrifted
Shoes // Forever 21

Audrey
Shirt // Thrifted
High-Waisted Shorts // Thrifted
Shoes // Reflection
Bag // Thrifted

Outfit 3
Me
Dress // Thrifted
Denim Jacket // Thrifted
Oxfords // Urban Outfitters

Audrey
Dress // Thrifted
Denim Jacket // Thrifted
Belt // Forever 21
Shoes // Toms

Simply,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment