Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July Outfit Ideas

My "YAY" face for fireworks!!
For this first look, it's probably something I would wear in the evening when it starts to get a bit chillier. It's a perfect outfit to watch fireworks in because it's a very patriotic sweater and still would keep me warm if it starts to get breezy at night. I actually thrifted this sweater during a July 4th sale day at Savers. It was 50% off all clothing items so I scored this awesome sweater for $1.50! Basically, if you have any USA, American flag, stars, or red, white, and blue sweater, you can just pair it with some shorts and you'll be set for July 4th! And also keepin' it real with my Iced Peach Green Tea Lemonade drank that snuck its way into these photos.
 This is an outfit I would wear for events such as a potluck, daytime party, or a casual picnic. I incorporated the colors red, white, and blue; but in a very minimalistic way. Honestly, I would wear this outfit not just on July 4th, but on a normal day. You can recreate your own version by putting together red, white, and blue clothing items. Plus, I knew my red sandals would come in handy one day. I just knew it.
This is an outfit I would wear for an outdoor day event to celebrate July 4th such as a carnival or a fair. To be honest, I recently dug up these old (and by old I mean middle school days) Converse and decided to reincorporate them into my closet. They give such a casual but still stylish feel to this outfit. What's even better is my feet will stay nice and comfy in these Converse. Sneakers are a great way to stay comfortable in case you are doing something that requires a lot of walking on July 4th!
If you're not fortunate enough to get the day off (like me), then you might still need to look professional and put together. This is a fun "patriotic" outfit I would wear to a job, an internship, or somewhere where you need to dress up a little more. There's essentially only one day where you can wear red, white, and blue all in the same outfit with bold confidence without feeling self conscious of looking like  an American flag. So if I were you, I would take this opportunity and strut out in America's favorite colors! 

Have a happy July 4th everyone! : )

Outfit 1
Sweater // Thrifted (Savers)
Shorts // Thrifted
Shoes // H&M (Gift) {Similar}

Outfit 2
Dress // H&M (Gift)
Denim Jacket // Forever 21
Sandals // Madewell 

Outfit 3
Shirt // Urban Outfitters
Shorts // Thrifted
Shoes // Converse
Purse // Vintage

Outfit 4
Blazer // J.Crew Factory {Similar}
Shirt // Gap Outlet
Skirt // H&M

check me out on: facebook | instagram tumblr |

Simply,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment