Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Recent Buys














1. Jeweled Knit Tee // J.Crew 2. Booties // Nordstrom Rack 3. Necklace //  J.Crew Factory 4. Chambray Eyelet Top // Madewell 5. Minnie Pant // J.Crew 6. Monk Strap Shoes // Nordstrom Rack 

1. My oh my! Isn't this Jeweled Knit Tee just what you need in your life? It's the perfect mix of casual meets glam. I recently snatched this shirt when it went on sale at J.Crew. It looks great dressed up with a blazer but also works perfect with just a simple pair of jeans and some flats. This is such a great shirt for fall especially with the maroon and navy colors going on. I'm so excited to wear it over and over again!  

2. I scored these awesome Dolce Vita Tassel Booties at Nordstrom Rack. I remember when it first came out in Nordstrom stores, it was on a special pre-sale price but it was still too pricey for me. So, when my shocked self saw them at Nordstrom Rack I knew it was my last chance to pick them up! I don't really have much black ankle length booties--I usually get drawn toward browns. So between the maroon, navy, and black colors offered, I decided to go classic and choose black. These would look great with tights, dresses, or skinny jeans and a cargo jacket. 

3. I've been starting to collect more statement necklaces. I think they look so elegant paired with casual clothing items and can also really dress up an outfit when you need it to. It's just always going to be a go to accessory when you need to add an extra hint of sophistication to your outfit. I scored this beauty at J.Crew Factory during their 50% off everything sale. I saw this necklace a while ago and I decided to pass on it, and every time I went back, the necklace was nowhere in sight. So, when I found it last weekend, I knew I had to get it when I saw it hanging in all its glory on a rack. 

4. My close friend was actually the one who first showed me this adorable, light-weight chambray eyelet top. I think it's so unique and cute! It's a denim top with small hole punch cut-outs. This is definitely more of a summer top, but I'm excited to find many different ways to wear it as a transition piece into fall. For starters, it would look great with colored jeans (I'm thinkin' maroon jeans for fall) or a skirt. It's an awesome shirt for me to throw on to go shopping or to hang out with friends!

If you want to see how I paired the statement necklace and chambray top, you can click [here]!

5. Before I met J.Crew's Minnie Pants, I was always a jeans kind of gal. But now that I've added Minnie Pants into the mix, I couldn't be happier! I live by my Minnie Pants; it's perfect for when you need to dress up or look professional and it can also be worn casually to run errands or to go to class if you're getting too tired of your jeans. I bought a navy color since it's such a classic color that matches with a lot of colors. The Minnie Pant literally goes with everything and is so flattering on!

6. THESE. MONK STRAP. LOAFERS. What more do I have to say? These shoes have got to be my favorite purchase so far. I love how vintage and unique they look. I've been wanting to get my hands on some monk strap shoes, but they were always out of my price range. I told myself to wait and be patient and I guess that paid off! I love how the shoe transforms the whole vibe of an outfit. I feel as though I'm channeling my inner Alexa Chung (she's a goddess...) whenever I slip these on. I've been wearing them non-stop ever since I got them. If you follow me on Instagram, you will see how I most recently styled them! Now, I just need a black pair. ; )
P.S. They are actually a size 5 and I am a 5.5-6 (I rarely fit size 5) but I stretched them out a bit using thick socks and a blow dryer. The things I would do to fit this shoe...

Hope you enjoyed my recent purchases! If you've made it to the end, thanks so much for sticking out paragraph after paragraph of my rambling! Have a great rest of the week!

check me out on: facebook | instagram tumblr vsco |

Simply,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment